Discrete structures are a core subject presenting the necessary mathematical topics that are needed to build on in computer science and engineering. It is highly probable that most of the topics will be new to a typical high school graduate, and also the familiar concepts will be studied in a new setting.
- Formal logic: reasoning, formal proofs in propositional logic, predicates.
- Set theory: naive approach, basics of counting.
- Functions and relations: composition of functions, equivalence relations.
- Number theory: basics, Diophantine equations.
- Permutations: a primer of an algebraic structure.
- Graph theory: basics, walks, paths and connectedness, bipartite graphs, trees, Euler and Hamilton graphs, coloring.
- Recurrence relations.
Coursework consists of weekly homework assignments, midterms and a final exam.
- nosilec: Gašper Fijavž
- nosilec: Aljaž Zalar