Articles and external resources
The weekly schedule indicates when will each of these topics be covered in class. However, you are encouraged to read the articles before the class:
- [Wei91] Mark Weiser. The Computer for the 21th Century. Scientific American. September 1991.
- [Wei93] Mark Weiser. Some Computer Issues in Ubiquitous Computing. Communications of the ACM.Vol. 36. Issue 7. July 1993.
- [Sat01] M. Satyanarayanan. Pervasive Computing: Vision and Challenges. IEEE Personal Communications. Vol. 8 Issue 4.August 2001.
- [CLM+08] Campbell, Andrew T., et al. "The rise of people-centric sensing." Internet Computing, IEEE 12.4 (2008): 12-21.
- [LML+10] Lane, Nicholas D., et al. "A survey of mobile phone sensing." Communications Magazine, IEEE 48.9 (2010): 140-150.
- [PM15] Pejovic, Veljko, and Mirco Musolesi. "Anticipatory mobile computing: A survey of the state of the art and research challenges." ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 47.3 (2015): 47.
- [G15] Google Material Design Guidelines www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html
- [LPA+09] Lazer et al., "Computational Social Science", Science. 2009 Feb 6; 323(5915): 721–723.
- [MLF+08] Miluzzo et al., "Sensing meets mobile social networks: the design, implementation and evaluation of the cenceme application", SenSys'08, 2008.
- [API+11] Aharony et al., "The Social fMRI: Measuring, Understanding, and Designing Social Mechanisms in the Real World", UbiComp'11, 2011.
- [EP06] Eagle and Pentland, "Reality Mining: Sensing Complex Social Systems. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing" 10, 4 (March 2006), 255–268.
- [AVG+13] Aucinas et al., "Staying Online While Mobile: The Hidden Costs", CoNEXT'13, 2013.
- [RWC+15] Riccato et al., "Estimating population density distribution from network-based mobile phone data", JRC Tech Report, 2015.
- [RMM+11] Rachuri et al., "Sociablesense: exploring the trade-offs of adaptive sampling and computation offloading for social sensing", MobiCom'11, 2011.
- [CTS+14] Chon et al., "SmartDC: Mobility Prediction-Based Adaptive Duty Cycling for Everyday Location Monitoring", IEEE Transactions On Mobile Computing, 13 (3), 2014.
- [PM14] Pejovic and Musolesi, "InterruptMe: Designing intelligent prompting mechanisms for pervasive applications", UbiComp'14, 2014.
- [Kay15] Janet Kayfetz, Academic Writing, Columbia University Computer Science course, 2015.
- [CMT+08] Consolovo et al., "Activity Sensing in the Wild: A Field Trial of UbiFit Garden", CHI'08, 2008.
- [CM15] Canzian and Musolesi, "Trajectories of Depression: Unobtrusive Monitoring of Depressive States by means of Smartphone Mobility Traces Analysis", Ubicomp'15, 2015.
- [NGW15] Nandakumar et al., "Contactless Sleep Apnea Detection on Smartphones", MobiSys'15, 2015.
- [APJ+12] Anand et al., "VillageCell: Cost Effective Cellular Connectivity in Rural Areas", ICTD'12, 2012.
- [CBA12] Chaudhri et al., "Pervasive Computing Technologies to Monitor Vaccine Cold Chains in Developing Countries", ACM DEV'12, 2012.
- [VSL+13] Vitos et al., "Making local knowledge matter Supporting non-literate people to monitor poaching in Congo", ACM DEV'13, 2013.
- [CCH+15] Chen et al., "Invisible Sensing of Vehicle Steering with Smartphones", MobiSys'15, 2015.
- [RNB+11] Ravindranath et al., "Improving wireless network performance using sensor hints", USENIX NSDI'11, 2011.
Last modified: ponedeljek, 11 januar 2016, 10:04